If you are hurt at work, you really are not sure what to do. Your employer threatens to fire you if you file a worker comp claim. Or, they tell you they are not liable if an employee or coworker hurt you. But, neither of these things are accurate. Your employer is at fault if you are hurt on their premises, and they do not have the right to retaliate and fire you, if you do file a worker’s comp claim. If you are not sure where to begin, you are going to want to use the assistance of a top Los Angeles workers comp lawyer to guide you.
How can a lawyer help?
There are many ways in which a top Los Angeles workers comp lawyer can help you. Some of these are
- Letting you know what your rights are
- Informing you of how and when to file a claim
- Letting you know if you should file a claim, or if there are other remedies if you are hurt on the job
- If you are disabled or permanently dismembered, an attorney will help you in fighting against your employer who is trying to claim they are not at fault
- Your lawyer will also work with you to file the claim on your behalf, to ensure you are justly compensated, and to make sure you are not terminated, if your employer is making threats.
Most people are not sure what their rights are, and many are afraid of filing a claim, as they believe their employer will rectify the wrong by terminating them or treating them adversely. Not only is this illegal, you are owed if you are hurt on the job, and you are entitled to time off with pay, until you are able to go back to work.
Not sure where to begin or if you have a viable claim to file? Or, do you just want to know how to go about filing a claim if you are hurt and can’t work? With the top Los Angeles workers comp lawyer working on your side, you will be compensated and have all of your rights justly preserved. Do not file a claim on your own or try to fight your employer. Let the top legal minds work with you and for you, to ensure you receive all that is owed to you, after you are hurt on the job on your employer’s premises.